Terms & Conditions
The use of the website and Mobile Application provided by Emarat General Petroleum Corporation (Emarat), hereinafter “EmCan Website” and “EmCan App,” is subject to the following terms and conditions, hereinafter “Terms and Conditions” ("T&C”). By accessing and becoming an EmCan member, you agree to this T&C and automatically become part of the Emarat Petroleum loyalty program enjoying limitless possibilities regarding rewards and benefits subject to Emarat’s terms.
I. Your acknowledgment of the terms and conditions of use
This Agreement contains important information regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations and exclusions that apply to your access and use of EmCan Website and EmCan App. Please read this Agreement carefully.
By accessing the EmCan Website or EmCan App, you:
- Acknowledge, and confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to the following terms and conditions of use.
- You agree to be bound by all applicable laws and any other applicable rules and conditions. If you do not understand or agree with these terms and conditions, stop accessing and using the EmCan Website and Mobile Application.
II. User Restrictions and Access
- User agrees to abide by the safe usage of the App as outlined in the application.
- The App is intended for individuals who are 18 years or elder.
- The App should not, under any circumstances, be accessed or used by an individual while driving and should only be used in your vehicle while parked.
- In order to use certain current or future functionalities of the App, the User may be required to create an EmCan account.
- Be aware that the use of some of the functionalities of the App requires access to the Internet.
III. Acceptable Use
A) The users may:
- Access the functions of the App which you have enabled; and
- Print off one copy of any or all the pages of these Terms and Conditions of Use for your own personal, non-commercial use.
B) The users may NOT, without the prior consent of EmCan:
- Copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk, downloading or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), broadcast, alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the App (including User Generated Content (defined herein below), unless it is your own User Generated Content that you legally post to the App or associated forum). These restrictions apply in relation to all or part of the Content (as defined below);
- Remove any notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights from the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content;
- Use the App (or any part of it) in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions of Use, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious codes, including viruses, or harmful data, into the App or any operating system;
- Use any registered or unregistered trademarks or signs on the EmCan Website or in the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content without the prior written consent of the respective owner(s);
- Translate, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the EmCan Website or EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content in whole or in part;
- Frame or otherwise embed EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content in your or a third-party website;
- Mirror any part of the EmCan Website;
- Create database by systematically storing and downloading all or any EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content; or
- Use any robot, spider, site search application or retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the EmCan Website or the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content;
EmCan reserves the right to deny access to the EmCan Website at any time.
IV. EmCan’s Terms and Membership Conditions
- Only individuals above (18) eighteen years old are permitted to become an EmCan member, these terms are void if an individual younger, then (18) eighteen entered the program.
- Employees of Emarat group companies may become members but are not eligible to enter raffles or win any prizes as part of this program.
- Emarat reserves the right to make the final decision to enter you into the EmCan loyalty program and reserves the right to terminate your membership or revoke your Points at any time without being obliged to give any reason and without any compensation or liability whatsoever.
- The EmCan mobile application will remain Emarat property and may be withdrawn or cancelled by Emarat, for any reason without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever.
- You may cancel your membership at any time by deleting your account from your settings page in the App, following which all benefits will immediately cease. Emarat will not be able to recredit your points and benefits in case you decide to get your account back.
- Membership is non-transferable to other members unless otherwise specified by us in writing.
V. Points and redemption
- Emarat and our partners will determine which products and services will earn you points. The value of points earned and products/services in scope may change without prior notice. You may only earn Points when making purchases in the indicated Emarat stores and its redemption partners’ stores or points of sales.
- provide your loyalty card in the station, your points will not be added. If a purchase is returned and you have earned points on this purchase, the points will be removed after the refund is processed. If you have returned a purchase paid thanks to your points, the amount paid in points will be returned to your account.
- Points are not exchangeable for cash and can only be redeemed on the products/services indicated in the App.
- Points must be redeemed before twelve (12) months from the date awarded, failing which they shall automatically expire without further notice to you.
- On collection of sufficient points (a minimum of 100), you may redeem points by generating a redemption voucher from the burn section of your App where the value of 100 points is 1 AED. The value of points may be changed at any time by Emarat at its sole discretion and without prior notice to you.
VI. Use of Mobile Application
- Emarat reserves the right to provide you with access to the Application by means of a (OTP) One Time Password through an SMS to your registered mobile phone number. We reserve the right to withdraw your use of the Application at any stage without notice or without being obliged to give any reason.
- Emarat will not be held responsible for the availability and/or accuracy of any information sent through the Application. Any information sent, including but not limited to promotions, discounts, rewards, is intended for your personal information and is intended only to be communicated to you. We are not obliged to provide, sell, offer, discount or provide any items under sale to you through us or our Earning and Redemption Partners, for the price communicated to you. Any information or rewards communicated to you using the Application can be revoked at any point.
VII. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- All text, footage, pictures, graphics, software, applications, sound samples, animations, videos, corporate logos, and brands, the layout of the EmCan Website and Mobile Application, as well as other content contained in the EmCan Website and Mobile Application, hereinafter jointly referred to as “EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content,” are protected by trademark and copyright law and other laws for protecting intellectual property and may be subject to third parties’ rights.
- EmCan does not grant any license rights or other rights regarding using the intellectual property rights in the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content unless otherwise specified herein. The copying, distributing, reproducing, forwarding, or otherwise using of these intellectual property rights in the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content, including the making available to third parties, is not permitted without the prior written consent of EmCan.
- The user is only permitted to view and use the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content for his own personal, non-commercial use as part of his use of the EmCan Website. The user is also permitted to produce a single copy of the EmCan Website for his personal, non-commercial use, on the condition that the content is not altered while copying and all references to intellectual property rights are retained in the copy or inserted if only extracts from the EmCan Website are used.
- The content of press releases and other documents classified as public may be used in public communications save the condition that the permission granted hereunder does not apply to those parts of public documents which are protected by trademark or copyright law or other legal regulations. Any use of such material is made in the sole responsibility of the user
- Access to or use of the EmCan Website or the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content from countries where this access or this use is unlawful is not permitted. In this case, and if the user wants to enter into business relations with EmCan, the user should contact representatives of Emarat in the United Arab Emirates provided that in any case, users shall be solely responsible for their interaction with Emcan Website or the Mobile Application whether after contacting Emarat or beforehand.
- Any other use of the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
Since OTP is used as part of EmCan's security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party nor allow any unauthorized person access to the App under your username and/or password. You are responsible for any actions that take place while using your App account or while using the App via the Device and Emarat is not responsible for any loss that results from the unauthorized use of your username and/or password, with or without your knowledge.
X. No Warranties
Emarat does not give any express or implied warranties, nor does it make any representations, nor does it assume any responsibility that:
- The EmCan Website or the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content are available without interruption;
- The use of the EmCan Website or the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content will not infringe any third-party rights;
- The EmCan Website as well as the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content are free from errors or are complete, accurate or up to date always;
- Other web pages accessed by hyperlinks from the EmCan Website, irrespective of whether these belong to affiliated companies of Emarat or third parties, do not infringe third party rights, or are free from errors, or that applicable data protection provisions are complied with; or that
- The EmCan Website is free from viruses, bugs, malware, or similar malicious programs.
- Any forward-looking statements made on the EmCan Website are based on the beliefs and judgement of the management of EmCan at the time of their publication and are therefore subject to risks and uncertainties. No assurance is given that these forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate and complete. EmCan is under no obligation towards the user to update such forward-looking statements and accepts no liability whatsoever for these statements.
XI. Limitation of Liability
Emarat does not accept any liability for:
- Defects in rights regarding the EmCan Website or EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content;
- Any loss or damage arising as a result of inhibited access or non-accessibility of the EmCan Website as well as EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content;
- Any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of the EmCan Website or of any of the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content; or
- The availability of the content of third-party websites or any loss or damage resulting from their use, regardless of the purpose of use;
- Whereas Emarat does not limit its liability under statutory law for the violation of life, body or health caused by willful intent or gross negligence of EmCan or its representatives.
- The EmCan Website and the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content are operated and managed by members of Emarat. Save the provisions herein, the EmCan Website and the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content consider the requirements of the country, in which the Emarat company in charge is based, i.e. the United Arab Emirates. EmCan accepts no responsibility if (i) the EmCan Website is accessed, or (ii) if the EmCan Website and Mobile Application Content is used or downloaded from the EmCan Website, in places outside the country concerned. When the user accesses the EmCan Website from places outside the country concerned, the user is solely responsible for complying with the regulations that apply in accordance with their respective national laws.
XII. Changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use
Emarat may change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without notice, effective upon posting the amended Terms and Conditions of Use to the App. If the Terms and Conditions of Use are amended, you may be asked to accept those revised Terms and Conditions of Use when you next use the App. Any use of the App thereafter will be subject to those revised Terms and Conditions of Use, irrespective of whether you have accepted such revised T&C or not.
XIIII. Violation and termination of these Terms and Conditions
- Emarat reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate your account and/or access to the App or any functionalities thereof, delete your profile and any of your User Generated Content, and/or restrict your use of all or any part of the App at any time, for any or no reason, without notice and without liability to you or anyone else. Emarat also reserves the right to prevent access to the App or any of its functionalities or features.
- After any line of action, you are not allowed to create a new account to circumvent the termination, deletion or restriction.
- You understand and agree that some of your User Generated Content may continue to appear on or through the App or may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time even after your account and/or access to the App is terminated.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use remain in effect after your account and/or access to the App is terminated.
XIV. Applicable Law & Jurisdiction
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website or mobile application shall be governed and construed as per the applicable laws of the United Arab Emirates and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Federal Courts of the United Arab Emirates. The United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
Emarat does not commit to participating in alternative dispute resolution procedures in front of an alternative dispute resolution entity to resolve disputes with consumers.
XV. Contact Information and Complaints Procedure
If you have a question or complaint about the website or the App, please email firstname.lastname@example.org